domingo, 29 de mayo de 2016

Writing is one of the production skills in which EFL students show most difficulties and therefore sometimes becomes a frustrating aspect in their learning process. Since I have been teaching English I have included some learning strategies into my classes to help my students to improve their writing skills. One that I used during my experience as a pre-service teacher was to encorage the students the use of :

  • Brainstorming
  • Oulining
  • Organizing 
  • Editing
Some years after I have included the written reports where my students wrtite a paper based on the grammar seen in class and within an specific topic, following the steps of writing and using a list of connectors given at the very begining of the course.

3 comentarios:

  1. Great point. Planning before writing is paramount, learners need to be taught to gather ideas, recognize the linkage between them, identify the issues to be discussed and its importance. Writing is an ongoing process that requires organization, commitment and dedication.

    Thanks for your insights!

    ResponderEliminar